9-5PM PST (M-F)
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Email us at email@example.com
We're here to help.
Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- WHERE IS MY ORDER?
- All orders placed after 8:00AM PST will ship within the next 2 to 3 business days. Expect 5 to 10 business days to receive once package is shipped via your postman, unless expedited shipping.
- WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
- Once you have placed an order, you can check on its status at any time.
- HOW DO I CHANGE OR CANCEL AN ORDER?
- If for any reason you would like to change your order, please call 1-800-466-7379 or EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will make every effort to accommodate your request, however, please keep in mind our system is designed to fulfill orders as quickly as possible. As a result, we cannot cancel or change an order once it has entered the shipping process.
- HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED?
- You will receive a shipment notification from ‘AQUIS SHIPPED’ The e-mail will contain the tracking information as well as a link to track your package online.
- DO YOU OFFER GIFT CERTIFICATES?
- At this time we do not offer gift certificates.
- WHEN WILL MY CREDIT CARD BE CHARGED?
- Your credit card will be charged at checkout, when your order is placed and an email confirmation will be sent.
- WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal
- ARE PURCHASES ON THIS WEBSITE TAX FREE?
- We currently collect tax from residents of CA only.
- DO YOU HAVE A PRICE MATCH POLICY?
- If an item changes price within 7 days of purchase within the website, we will gladly price match it for you.
- DOES AQUIS ACCEPT CASH, C.O.D.’S OR CHECKS?
- Unfortunately we cannot accept C.O.D.'s, cash, checks or collect calls.
Shipping & Exchanges
- TELL ME ABOUT FREE SHIPPING
- We're happy to offer free shipping on domestic orders where the order totals $60.00 up to $99.99 via Fedex Ground. Allow 5 to 7 business days based on your location from our shipping location in Northern California. Please see below regarding shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories and International shipments.
- Expedited 2-Day Free Shipping on domestic orders where the product totals $100 or more via Fedex 2 Day. Please allow 1 to 3 days to pull and ship order and 2 days for delivery when it ships.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories are $15.00 per shipment and we ship Priority Mail via USPS ONLY. Next Day Air and Second Day Air shipments are not allowed.
- Order International, $20 per shipment and we ship Fedex International.
- Sorry, we currently do not ship Internationally to Canada and the UK. Canadian visitors, please go to http://www.fabove.ca/ and UK, please go to http://www.aquishair.co.uk.
- HOW QUICKLY CAN YOU SHIP MY ITEMS?
- All Orders received after 8:00am (PST) will be processed and shipped within 2 to 3 business days.
- $10.00 will be added for domestic expedited shipment via Fedex 2 day. (2 to 3 business days)
- $20.00 will be added for domestic expedited shipment via Fedex Standard Overnight. (1 to 2 business days)
- WHAT SHIPPING METHODS DO YOU USE?
- Orders are shipped USPS First Class and Fedex Ground unless expedited shipping is requested.
- DO YOU SHIP TO PO BOXES OR APO/FPO ADDRESSES?
- Please give us your street address, we cannot ship to APO/FPO or PO boxes.
- IS MY SHIPMENT INSURED?
- All orders are insured up to $100.00 at no cost.
- WHAT IF MY ORDER IS ‘HEAVY’ OR OVER FIVE POUNDS?
- The average order is under 5lbs, but in the case of a heavier order we adjust freight charges based on weights over 5lbs. Heavier packages require extra postage and your package will be charged the exact amount of the extra charge based on your desired shipment method.
- DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DUTIES AND TAXES?
- International Orders: The shipping cost is $20 for International Orders via Fedex International.
- Shipments outside of the U.S. may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are the responsibility of recipient. Please note ALL SALES ARE FINAL for International customers.
- Aquis.com does not ship to Canada and the UK (and most of Europe). For Europe customers, please visit aquishair.co.uk and for Canadian customers, visit our partner www.fabove.ca.
- All prices shown on the site are in USD and are exclusive of all taxes and duties applied in countries outside of USA. The buyer is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes enforced by the country you are shipping to based on the laws and processes of the country. We are unable to advise the amount or procedure of the relevant charges and processes.
- WHAT IS YOUR RETURN/EXCHANGE POLICY?
- We are happy to offer returns on all non-sale merchandise within 21 days of receipt in the U.S. All sales are final for International Customers.
- Sales merchandise is considered final sale and not eligible for return or exchange.
- Please note we only process returns that were purchased via the online store. Products purchased at any Aquis retailers such as department stores or specialty stores must be returned to the store where it was purchased. Due to security constraints, we cannot reimburse you for an amount greater than your purchase amount. Aquis provides free returns for U.S. orders placed via our website only.
- NEED TO RETURN SOMETHING?
- A pre-paid shipping label has been included with your purchase to make returning free & easy.
- If a label was NOT included in your package, please email us at email@example.com and a pre-paid label will be emailed to you that you can print out and attach to your package with your return form.
- Slip your return into the bag you received your product in (or any other nifty box or bag) and firmly secure return label.
- Please tell us on this return form the items being returned & reason code.
- Detach top portion for your records.
- Detach bottom portion and include in package in order to receive your refund.
- Drop your package in the mailbox or at the nearest USPS location and you're done!
- You're credit card will be refunded once product is received back.
- WHEN WILL MY CREDIT CARD BE REFUNDED?
- Please allow up to 7 days for transit time back to the warehouse. You will receive an email once your return has been received and processed. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your refund to appear in your bank account (each financial institution varies.)
- IS MY PERSONAL AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION SAFE ON YOUR WEBSITE?
- We’ve taken several steps to ensure all information received from our online visitors is secure from unauthorized access and use. All transactions are completed on a secure server. In secure mode, your computer and our server send data back and forth in an encrypted format.
- I’VE FORGOT MY PASSWORD, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- To re-set your password, follow the 'FORGOTTEN PASSWORD' instructions on the SIGN IN page. Please note, for security reasons we are unable to send your old password via email.
- HOW WILL I KNOW ABOUT NEW PRODUCTS AND PROMOTIONS?
- Please SIGN UP with us to receive email notifications regarding products, sales, events and other special announcements.
- WHAT IS THE ADDRESS BOOK AND HOW DO I USE IT?
- Storing your address information in the Address Book will reduce the time it takes for you to checkout. Once you store the information, you can just select your billing and shipping address from a drop-down list on all future orders.
Information About Aquis
- WHAT IS AQUITEX?
- Aquitex is an innovative fabric woven from ultra-fine fibers to create a lightweight material with superior water wicking capabilities that dries your hair quickly and gently with minimal friction.
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Aquitex fibers are very fine and uniquely loomed to channel water and carry it through the fabric. A bit like a system of canals and waterways. Leaving the surface touching the hair to absorb more and more water quickly.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TAKE CARE OF MY TOWEL?
- Aquis textiles have ultra fine fiber channels for enhanced wicking. These are very sensitive to odor, chemicals, heat and lint from other fabrics. Follow these care instructions for best results:
- ⁃ Wash before first use
- ⁃ Use only non-chlorine bleach if needed
- ⁃ Machine wash in warm water on gentle cycle
- ⁃ Dry your towel immediately after washing. Air dry preferably or tumble dry on low heat
- ⁃ Avoid washing with other fabrics/products that may have chemicals or lend odor to your Aquis product
- ⁃ Avoid fabric softeners
- ⁃ Avoid detergents with phenol derivates, fillers like borax, sodium chloride and anti-foaming agents, they will breakdown the ultra fine fibers
- ⁃ Use minimal quantity of liquid detergents only during wash, rinse out the detergent fully. Avoid powder detergents at all times
- ⁃ Hang dry your hair towel or turban immediately after each use.
WHY DO I NEED A HAIR TOWEL SPECIFICALLY? WHY CAN'T MY BATH TOWEL SIMPLY DO THE JOB?
- Wicking water out of your hair quickly, is about more than just saving time. Hair has keratin proteins distributed across the length and width of the hair, and keratin provides the strength to your hair. Unfortunately keratin also has a thirst for water. And, it can only absorb so much before your hair begins stretching, swelling and weakening the keratin bonds; think of a hose being filled with water with one side closed, it swells and its outer layers begin to break. Healthy hair can stretch up to 30% before it begins to break and beyond that point, depending upon the type of hair you have or what kind of chemicals/heat you’ve used, your hair will begin to break down. One of the keys to healthy hair is to dry your hair quickly so that your hair does not break down or get frizzy.
- Help your cuticles help you. As keratin swells, it can also force your hair cuticles open. The cuticles protect your hair shaft and if they are forced open, water and minerals seep into the shaft and cause damage that weakens your hair. It’s important that you dry your hair quickly without friction. Ideally, limiting swelling or stretching so that your cuticles align naturally and with less frizz.
- Your bath towel was not designed to help you have healthy hair. Just like not all shoes are designed for running, your bath towel was not intended to give you great hair. You need a hair towel that was specially designed for drying hair. The unique structure of Aquitex allows for up to 4-times the absorbency of cotton. The weave is structured to channel water, where cotton can only absorb so much, no matter how plush the towel. More than ever, women today manipulate their hair with chemicals and heat. Having a truly absorbent hair towel helps your hair stay stronger and healthier and more able to better withstand the elements your exposed to every day. Limit the abrasive loops of cotton towels and create a new routine using a super absorbent water-wicking hair towel.
- Being gentle with your cuticle is not just about keeping the water out. Water is the very cause of major hair conditions like dryness, dandruff, hair thinning, hair breakage and hair discoloration. Once the cuticles are displaced or upset, dissolved minerals can seep into the hair core and erode the integrity from within. Calcium can lead to dryness and chokes the hair at the mouth of the follicle causing breakage and preventing new hair growth. Iron leaves the hair brittle and discolored. Magnesium makes the hair lose shine. Copper tends to make the hair weighed down while Silica causes flaking. Being gentle with the hair cuticle helps to keep the water and dissolved solids that can erode the integrity of your hair.
- The more chemicals and heat you apply on your hair, the more porous it becomes. We all want beautiful hair. Yet at times our quest leads to more damage because our hair turns more porous. The more porous it is, the more it absorbs water and in turn, your hair is more easily damaged. If you are a heavy-handed hair stylist (color, treatments, high-heat blow dryers, straighteners, curlers, chemical products, etc.) then you may want to be extra careful with how you treat your hair when its wet. The more gentle you are, the less damage you cause and your hair may be able to sustain better the exposure to your styling regime and the general environmental wear and tear of daily life.
- WHY SHOULD I MAKE THE SWITCH FROM REGULAR COTTON/TERRY TOWELS?
- Drying hair gently is the key, but this is only possible with a towel with incredibly high water wicking capabilities. Cotton towels get waterlogged and the water doesn't travel. Cotton is also loomed with loops and hooks, that when rubbed against the cuticles of your hair can cause frizz and breakage.
- Ordinary bath towels are bulky and fall off. Aquis hair towels and turbans are lightweight and stays in place. Our turban has a unique tapered design with elastic seams allowing for the perfect fit on all head sizes making it great for kids and adults.
- The lightweight fabric and design also reduces neck strain from bulky heavy towels.
- DO I STILL NEED TO USE A BLOW DRYER WHEN I USE A HAIR TOWEL?
- Aquis hair towels are super-absorbent and will soak up to 4x more than standard cotton towels. It will not dry your hair completely but it will reduce your blow dry time considerably.
- WILL AQUIS HAIR TURBANS & TOWELS WORK FOR REALLY LONG HAIR?
- Our hair turbans are designed to snugly wrap and fit all hair lengths. The seams around the turbans have sewn in elastic, while the button closure holds it firmly in place. We also sell a LONG HAIR TOWEL for people who have long hair.
- WHAT IF MY HAIR IS REALLY, REALLY DAMAGED?
- We recommend that you visit your favorite stylist at least every 6-8 weeks to trim any split ends and work out a regime for getting your hair back to a natural state.
- IT DIDN'T REDUCE FRIZZ, AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?
- Don't rub your hair to dry it. Gently squeeze with the Aquis towel or turban and style accordingly.
- Make sure your hair is completely dry before stepping out into humidity or fog. If your hair is still somewhat wet or damp it is more prone to swelling and frizz.
- Using sprays and or serums that attract more moisture to the hair shaft can often cause more frizz.
- Damaged hair or a condition called “Bubble Hair” looks frizzy. It is very difficult to tame or disguise damaged hair. It’s like trying to fix a ripped fingernail.
- WHAT STORE IS CLOSEST TO ME?
- Our online store is a click away, and you can visit our STORE LOCATOR page to find the retail store closest to you.