GORGEOUS, GEEKY AND GOING FOR IT!
We are a long established Californian company that makes one of the world's best hair towels and turbans. Recently rebranded with a fresh focus on digital content and E-commerce, we just secured investment for our ambitious plans to redefine the way women achieve beautiful hair. Graphic design is key - pulling the towel category out of the damp laundry basket of dull household commodities and onto the high shelf of glamorous and empowering lifestyle brands. As such we need an awesome resource to join the core of our creative production team and business. This is a full time in-house position based out of our Novato office and the candidate should therefore be residing in Marin County or San Francisco. The successful candidate will have a flair for both exquisite modern graphics and also the technical proficiency and eye for detail to execute flawlessly in print, packaging and digital.
Reporting into the Art and Creative Directors based out of Europe, the candidate will have the ambition, ability and creative flair to play a major part in all graphic design aspects from receiving the brief to developing creative ideas, project manage to a deadline through to the final production of print/digital. They will help push creative output, working largely on materials for packaging, marketing, web and E-commerce collateral. They should enjoy working in a collaborative environment with the necessary skills to work closely with all team members.
The full time in-house role encompasses a wide variety of projects including working with the team to create the company brand guidelines ensuring these are adhered to across all internal and external communication. Also creating printed collateral, packaging, large format graphics, POS material, repeat prints, micro-sites, mock-ups of creative ideas, illustration, posters, website design updates, PPT templates and all the brand assets required for the different departments of marketing, product development and E-commerce for in-house and global partners and all brand affiliates. The candidate will review and approve internal and external final design layouts, and manage sign-off sessions with management.
Of these software packages and languages is imperative:
- Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop for Graphics and Packaging.
- HTML , CSS3, Wire framing, Responsive design
- MS Office (Powerpoint)
The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography, print and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes, and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication. The designer needs a wide range of capabilities. These include:
- – Strong written and verbal communication skills
- – In-depth digital and print design capabilities
- – Confidence to execute all details and project manage tasks
- – Significant industry experience - both creative and production based
- – The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
- – Problem solving skills
- – The ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts daily
- – Foresight to put themselves in shoes of customer & the manufacturer
- – Meticulous attention to detail
- – Significant graphic design experience
At least 2-3 years of design, print & digital experience (However if you have less experience but exceptional potential, please do send in your application).
- – A GOOD portfolio, with examples of digital & print work (packaging, branding, digital campaigns, production & responsive design are essential).
- – Graphic Design qualification and background in Graphic Design essential A number of years proven commercial experience
- – Ambitious and motivated creative thinker with the ability to complete exciting work in a fast paced environment
- – A reliable, pro-active team player capable of working alone or within a team
- – Experience of supervising / managing other "creative" could be advantageous
- – Can effectively manage own workload and juggle multiple priorities, striking a good balance between time and quality of work
- – Enjoys sharing input and giving a design a point of view
- – A keen eye for detail with a can-do attitude
- – Good verbal and written communication skills